92NY has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Noelle Minter, Senior Search Associate
Harris Rand Lusk
260 Madison Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “92NY – VP, Human Resources” in the subject line of your emailed application.
Founded in 1874, The 92nd Street Y, New York is a global center for culture, connection, and enrichment. 92NY connects New York City, the country and the world through programs centered on culture, entertainment, and conversation, harnessing the power of arts, ideas, and Jewish values to enrich, enlighten, and connect the world.
92NY is a singular organization reaching more than 700,000 people annually in person and online. 92NY reaches all 50 states, 200+ countries, and 24 million video views annually. 92NY contributes to the vibrant global cultural landscape and welcomes people of all ages, races, faiths, and backgrounds.
This is an exciting time to join the 92NY as it prepares to celebrate its 150th anniversary in 2024 and enters the final stages of a capital campaign that will transform the campus, build an endowment, and support its world-class programs.
The VPHR will work with the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) to streamline employee relations processes and establish and cultivate collaborative and constructive relations with key stakeholders. They will be proficient in conducting sensitive employee investigations, promptly reaching resolution, and writing related reports.
In collaboration with the CHRO, the VPHR will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic employee initiatives that include onboarding, employee engagement, opportunities for learning and professional development across all levels of the organization, and succession planning.
The Vice President will be required to provide consistent and clear communications, to lead by example and to resolve myriad HR matters in support of organizational objectives.
The ideal candidate will be a highly intelligent self-starter with a proven record of accomplishment who has a commitment to 92NY’s mission and values, and its organizational goals. They should have substantial experience in managing human resources for a fast-paced organization.
- Develop long-term strategies and key initiatives to promote and foster an engaged workforce, including opportunities for learning and professional development, the creation of focused curricula, and training programs.
- Cultivate external relationships with key stakeholders and build trust and credibility across the organization with internal stakeholders.
- Provide expertise in the areas of employee relations and conflict resolution. Offer best practice counsel, guidance, coaching and continuing support to managers and staff on HR subject matters.
- Be proficient in all HR subject matters related to compliance, i.e. FMLA, PFL, etc. Ensure adherence to 92NY’s HR policies and practices, cultivate a healthy, transparent, and diverse employee culture.
- Leverage HRIS software to enable the agency to operate in an efficient digitized state with real-time data.
- Prepare reports and data studies to support the work of the Human Resources department and the organization.
- 10+ years of generalist HR experience in union and non-union environments with 3+ years’ experience in a HR leadership position.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters in related field preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of all current relevant federal, state, and city labor and employment laws, and informed regarding potential future legislation.
- Experience with vendor contracts and negotiations.
- Clear and strategic thinker and writer, with the capacity to quickly identify root causes of problems and to develop creative and strategic solutions.
- Proficient project management skills.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills with the ability to write and deliver strong, clear, and influential communications to internal and external parties.
- Comfortable working across all levels of the organization, inspiring credibility, and high ethical standards.
- A self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a dynamic and fast-paced evolving environment.
- Prior experience with HRIS modules.
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills; resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems. Experience utilizing KPI’s to make data-driven decisions.
- High level of emotional intelligence with a positive outlook and a good sense of humor.
- Capable of managing difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Commitment to the mission of the 92NY.
This role is based in Manhattan and will be full-time, Monday thru Friday. This position involves regular on-site presence with the potential for limited remote work.
Salary is projected to be in the range of $120,000 to $140,000. The actual compensation offered will be based on a number of factors including, but not limited to the qualifications of the applicant, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
92NY is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. They believe that creating an environment where all people, regardless of background, identity, or belief, can do their best work is the right thing to do. Organizations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be more impactful.
For more information about 92nd Street Y, please visit their website at www.92ny.org